Sunday, March 14, 2010

What if you could hear people's thoughts for a day?

What if you could hear people’s thoughts for a day? If I were able to just walk around all day and hear what people were thinking I would, first of all, probably have a pretty bad headache. I would want to really test my family and friends. My friends mostly and see how they reacted to me and the things I say. That would be the true test of someone’s personality of whether or not they were being fake to you or really loved you for you. I would probably be surprised and shocked as to how people thought differently than they say. I know that I probably wouldn’t want people to hear what I was thinking. I’m not saying that I am a total witch to people in my head or that I’m totally fake but I am quick to judge and I shouldn’t be that way cause I could hurt someone’s feelings pretty badly if they could hear my thoughts. To be able to hear people’s thoughts would be a scary thing. You would have to be able to take criticism with a grain of salt and ignore things that you heard. I couldn’t do that because I’m too much of an emotional person and I take things to heart. I would learn a ton about people however and I would learn the way people thought. It would be a great learning experience to be able to hear thoughts but I do not think that I would want that responsibility. Let’s just say that I would most likely be glad that it was only a temporary gift and not a permanent one. I might lose my mind if I could hear thoughts for the rest of my life. This gift would be interesting but scary at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. It would be very interesting. I agree with you when you said that you would have to take criticism well. I think that if we could hear what people think, some people might have even lower self esteem.

    ReplyDelete